4th Network Meeting for Sida- and ISP-funded PhD Students and Postdocs in Mathematics
5-9 August in Debre Zeit, Ethiopia
The 4th Network Meeting in Mathematics is themed "Strengthening Research and Postgraduate Training in Mathematics in Universities in Africa". The aim is to provide a forum for interaction and experience sharing, and to create sustainable research groups and networks. The meeting is open to PhD students and postdoctoral fellows in mathematics part of ISP's core program and Sida bilateral programs, as well as supervisors, mentors, senior researchers, and coordinators from these programs.
Registration: 1 February - 30 April 2019
- Call for papers ARUA International Conference themed “Africa and the Fourth Industrial Revolution: Defining a Role for Research Universities" - The African Research Universities Alliance (ARUA) will host an international conference and workshops on 18-20 November 2019 at University of Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 31 Mars 2019
- CAS-TWAS President’s PhD Fellowship Programme - PhD fellowships in China for students in the fields of chemistry, mathematics, physics, astronomy, health sciences and more.
Deadline: 31 March 2019
- Swedish Research Links Network Grant - The Swedish Research Council grant supports the development of long-term joint research between Swedish researchers and researchers from low income countries and lower middle income countries.
Deadline: 9 April 2019
- TWAS - Individual grants and research group grants in basic sciences.
Deadline: 22 April 2019
- EAUMP - ICTP Summer School on Algebraic Topology and its Applications - held 15 July-2 August 2019 in Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 28 April 2019
- IMU- TWAS Breakout Graduate Fellowship program in mathematics - supporting postgraduate studies, in a developing country, leading to a PhD degree in the mathematical sciences. Professional mathematicians are invited to nominate highly motivated and mathematically talented students.
Deadline: 31 May 2019
- 18th NAPRECA Symposium - “Harnessing Natural Resources for Developments in Agriculture, Biotechnology & Health” held 1-3 August, 2019 in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
Deadline: 15 July 2019
- ASEAN-INDIA RESEARCH TRAINING FELLOWSHIP (AI-RTF) - 50 fellowships per year awarded to young scientists and researchers from ASEAN Member States. Fellowships include up to six months at Indian academic and R&D institutions.
No deadline: applications accepted all year round
- Carnegie Research Chairs Program - Promising young Data Scientists from Africa are given the opportunity to establish research teams of their own at the Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Research Centre in Rwanda.
No stated deadline
- EMS-Simons for Africa - Collaborative research visits, top-up grants for women and top-up for conference participation in mathematics
- ICTP - Postdoc and visiting fellowships in mathematics
- The Royal Society of Chemistry - Travel, conferences, research, education and outreach activities
- Newton Fund - Training, research, workshops, travel and tenders
- TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme - Fellowships, Research grants, visits
- AAS and partners' researcher mobility funds: Africa-India Moblity Fund;
- World Bank Scholarship Program
- The Global Innovation Fund, Transforming ideas into impact - social innovations grants
- International Foundation for Science - Research grants to individual early-career researchers
- The Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) - Research training, career development and networking opportunities for women scientists at different stages in their careers
- The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) - gathers opportunities offered by cooperation partners
- Are you in the mathematical, computing or natural sciences? Help contribute with your experiences to the Global Gender Gap Survey!
- Are you a female STEM scientist? Help the African Academy of Sciences identify the challenges and opportunities facing feamle scientist in Africa by completing their online survey.
- Guide to avoiding ‘predatory’ journals
- Free handbook on science communication for researchers involved in international projects
- Guide to the international research landscape