- Call for trainers in scientific writing to University of Rwanda
ISP calls for trainers who can conduct a week-long scientific writing and research communication workshop for lecturers and postgraduate students 10-14 December at University of Rwanda. The aim is to equip participants with fundamental skills in scientific writing, peer review processes, and capacity to train others.
Deadline: 16 November 2018 12.00 GMT+1
- ASEAN-INDIA RESEARCH TRAINING FELLOWSHIP (AI-RTF) - 50 fellowships per year awarded to young scientists and researchers from ASEAN Member States. Fellowships include up to six months at Indian academic and R&D institutions.
No deadline: applications accepted all year round
- Carnegie Research Chairs Program - Promising young Data Scientists from Africa are given the opportunity to establish research teams of their own at the Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Research Centre in Rwanda.
No stated deadline
- IFS Individual Research Grants - Early-career support to promising young developing country researchers for research on the sustainable management of biological and water resources.
Deadline: 15 November 2018
- Call for posters and papers for the 9th International ANRAP Seminar - Themed from plant to patient: Identification of new drugs for metabolic disorders, held 25 - 27 January 2019 in Karachi, Pakistan.
Deadline: 15 December 2018
- EU Research & Innovation call - Food Systems Africa, building a low-carbon, climate resilient future.
Deadline: 23 January 2019
- EMS-Simons for Africa - Collaborative research visits, top-up grants for women and top-up for conference participation in mathematics
- ICTP - Postdoc and visiting fellowships in mathematics
- The Royal Society of Chemistry - Travel, conferences, research, education and outreach activities
- Newton Fund - Training, research, workshops, travel and tenders
- TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme - Fellowships, Research grants, visits
- AAS and partners' researcher mobility funds: Africa-India Moblity Fund;
- World Bank Scholarship Program
- The Global Innovation Fund, Transforming ideas into impact - social innovations grants
- International Foundation for Science - Research grants to individual early-career researchers
- The Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) - Research training, career development and networking opportunities for women scientists at different stages in their careers
- The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) - gathers opportunities offered by cooperation partners
- Are you in the mathematical, computing or natural sciences? Help contribute with your experiences to the Global Gender Gap Survey!
- Are you a female STEM scientist? Help the African Academy of Sciences identify the challenges and opportunities facing feamle scientist in Africa by completing their online survey.
- Guide to avoiding ‘predatory’ journals
- Free handbook on science communication for researchers involved in international projects
- Guide to the international research landscape