ISP Information material
Follow-up Studies and Evaluations of ISP
- Evaluation Report of the Materials Science and Solar Energy Network for Eastern and Southern Africa (MSSEESA)Wichard Beenken, Daniel Egbe & Stefan Skupien, 2019
MSSEESA Management Response
- Tracing ISP Graduates 2014-2017 Rebecca Andersson, 2018
- Evaluation of the Sida supported programme “International Science Programme 2014–2018” Adam Pain, Trish Silkin & Gonçalo Carneiro, 2018
ISP Management Response
- Phased out groups and networks 2003–2014 - Experiences and continued activities Rebecca Andersson and Peter Sundin, 2017
- The International Science Programme in Sri Lanka and Thailand: Three decades of research cooperation. Rebecca Andersson and Marta Zdravkovic, 2017
- Evaluation Report of the Eastern Africa Universities Mathematics Programme Martin Singull, Balázs Szendrői and Antonella Zanna, 2017
- Tracing ISP Graduates 2008-2013Rebecca Andersson and Peter Sundin, 2016
- The International Science Programme in Bangladesh: A case of self-interest, interconnectedness or social empowerment? Tatjana Kuhn, 2012
- Sida and Uppsala University evaluation of ISP GHD, 2011
- International Science Programme, Uppsala University 1961-2001. Historical review and Participants Experiences. Editor: Torsten Lindqvist, 2001
Policy documents guiding ISP's work
ISP related publications
- "Developing Mathematics in East Africa". Balázs Szendrői, London Mathematical Society Newsletter, Issue 477 - July, 2018.
- "Development in astronomy and space science in Africa". Mirjana Povic et al., Nature Astronomy 2, pp. 507-509, 2018.
- "The Sandwich Model – A Successful Case of Capacity Building". Rebecca Andersson, Internationalisation of Higher Education – A Handbook, 2017.
- "Enabling and Engaging Students through Open Learning Workshops". Zoë Griffiths, Ulla Eriksson & Michael Strandell, The International Higher Education Teaching and Learning Association (HETL), 2017.
"Experiences and perceptions of South–South and North–South scientific collaboration of mathematicians, physicists and chemists from five southern African
- Report on the Workshop (co-organized by ISP): Smart Villages: New thinking for off-grid communities worldwide held in Arusha (Tanzania) on 2-5 June, 2014.
- "The International Science Programme in Bangladesh: Self Interest or Empowerment?". Tatjana Kuhn and Peter Sundin from the Proceedings of the 19th IAS Science Conference on Achieving Socioeconomic Development in the Islamic World Through Science, Technology and Innovation, 5-9 May 2013, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- "The International Science Programme at Uppsala University", Peter Sundin, Leif Abrahamsson and Ernst van Groningen (pp. 63-76) from the Proceedings of the SANORD International Symposium "Strenghtening the Role of Universities as Hubs of Development", 6-7 June 2012, Aarhus University, Denmark.
- Proceedings from the EAUMP 10th Anniversary ConferenceArusha, Tanzania 2012.
- "The International Programme in the Chemical Sciences (IPICS): 40 Years of Support to Chemistry in Africa". Peter Sundin. A. Gurib-Fakim and J.N.Eloff (eds.) Chemistry for Sustainable Development in Africa, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-29642-0_11, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2013.
- "Support to the Basic Sciences in Developing Countries: Importance of Scientific Networks." Peter Sundin. Asian Biotechnology and Development Review, 2011, 13(3):125-129.
- "International Conference on Regional and Interregional Cooperation to Strengthen Basic Sciences in Developing Countries", Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 1-4 September 2009, Ed. Christer Kiselman, Acta Universitatis Uppsaliensis, 88, 2011.
- "Proceedings of the Workshop Mathematics in Africa South of the Sahara", Arusha, Tanzania, 19-21 November 2001.
- "Proceedings of the Conference on Basic Sciences for Development in Eastern and Southern Africa", Arusha, Tanzania, 1-3 March 1999, Ed. Rogath Kivaisi, Alfeo Nikundiwe and Jenerali Ulimwengu.
- "Catalogue of Institutional Profiles in Chemistry in Eastern and Southern Africa", M.H.H. Nkunya and C.C. Joseph, IPICS, 1999.
- "Declaration and Recommendations for Action", Conference on Basic Sciences for Development in Eastern and Southern Africa", Arusha, Tanzania, 1-3 March 1999.
- "Research Activities in Physics and Related Fields in South Africa", Ilze Gertenbach, Nithay Chetty and Lennart Hasselgren, IPPS, 1998.
- "Research Activities in Physics and Related Fields in Eastern and Southern Africa, Updated 1998", L Hasselgren and R Kivaisi, IPPS, 1998.
- "Basic Sciences and Development; Rethinking donor policy", Ed. Martha J Garrett and Claes G Granqvist, Ashgate, 1998.
- "IPICS 1970-1997: Results, Lessons Learned, and Prospects for Development of Sustainable Research Environments in Developing Countries", Proceedings of the Meeting held at Termas El Corazón, Chile, Oct. 19-23, 1997, Ed: Hermann Niemeyer.
- "1970-1995 Summing up- Looking into the Future", Rune Liminiga, IPICS, 1996.
- "Declaration and Recommendations for Action", International Conference on Donor Support to Development-Oriented Research in Basic Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden, 15-16 June 1995.
- "Proceedings of Workshop on the Physical Sciences in Eastern and Southern Africa; Its Status and Future", Arusha, Tanzania, 4-7 May 1992.