Bilateral Collaboration with Uganda
ISP has been assigned by Sida as the coordinating entity for the Swedish activities in the bilateral program with Makerere University. The agreement period for this bilateral program is July 2015 - June 2020. A description of the programme can be found via the link https://maksweden.mak.ac.ug/
News and Events
- 2-6 October 2017: Annual Review Meeting for the academic year 2016/2017at Makerere University.
- 12-13 September 2017: Swedish Coordinators meeting in Visby. Program
- 24-28 April 2017: Annual Planning Metting for the academic year 2017/2018 at Makerere University. Program.
- 10-14 October 2016: The Annual Review Meeting (ARM) for the Academic year 2015/2016 at Makerere University. Program
- 19-20 September 2016: Meeting in Stockholm for Swedish partners in the bilateral program. Program
- 25-29 April 2016: The Annual Planning Meetings (APM) for the bilateral collaboration with Uganda was held 25-29 April in Kampala.
- 12 December 2015: A start up meeting for Swedish partners in the new bilateral agreement was held at the Sida headquarter in Stockholm. Powerpoint presentation by Katri Pohjolainen Yap
- 3 November 2015: Signing of the bilateral research agreement Sweden-Uganda. Read more about the event on Makerere University website.
Enclosures to Agreements with Swedish collaborating partners:
- Enclosure 1 - Specific Agreement on Research Collaboration between Sweden and Makerere University during the period 3 November 2015 – 30 June 2020
- Enclosure 2 - Standard Operating Procedures (SoP) for Mak-Sweden Research Collaboration 2015-2020 (Updated 2016-04-29).
- Budget templates (extracted from the SoP, updated 29 April 2016): Student budget and Annual Project Budget. The remaining two are just for DRGT use: Annual overall budget 9.1 – per project and 9.2 Annual overall budget 2 – per activity.
- Enclosure 3 - Guidelines 2008 - Support to National Research Development, Sida
- Enclosure 4 - Uppdragsbeskrivning för årlig granskning och rapportering (in Swedish)
- Addendum to full proposal for the Makerere-Sida bilateral research programme 2015-2020
- List of approved projects.
- Terms of Reference/Program Document for Swedish program coordinating entity (ISP) within the bilateral research co-operation with Uganda 2015-2020.
- Reporting template
Insurance for students and other visitors - Terms and conditions
The numbers within parenthesis refers to the numbering of the projects during the application process. The Swedish collaborators are not all mentioned, but at least one at each collaborating institution is indicated.
(313) Strengthening Social Science Research for National Development. Coordinator: Andrew Elias State (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). Swedish collaborator: Staffan Höjer (firstname.lastname@example.org), University of Gothenburg.
(316) Capacity Building in Mathematics and Its Applications. Coordinator: John Mango Magero (email@example.com). Swedish collaborators: Bengt-Ove Turesson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Linköping University , Sergei Silvestrov (email@example.com), Mälardalen University , Timo Koski (firstname.lastname@example.org), Royal Institute of Technology , Paul Vaderlind (email@example.com), Stockholm University, David Sumpter (firstname.lastname@example.org), Uppsala University.
(317) Building Research Capacity in Innovative Information and Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D) for Sustainable Socio-economic Growth in Uganda. Coordinator: Baino Mugisha (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org). Swedish collaborator: Michel R. V. Chaudron (email@example.com), University of Gothenburg, and Pär Meiling (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chalmers University of Technology.
(321) Training for sustainable spatially enabled e-services delivery in Uganda. Coordinator: Gilbert Maiga (email@example.com). Swedish collaborator: Ali Mansourian (Ali.Mansourian@nateko.lu.se), Lund University.
(331) Partnership for Building Resilient Ecosystems and Livelihoods to Climate Change and Disaster. Coordinator: Yazidhi Bamutaze (firstname.lastname@example.org). Swedish collaborators: Petter Pilesjö (email@example.com), Lund University, Giuliano Di Baldassarre (Giuliano.Dibaldassarre@geo.uu.se), Uppsala University.
(343) Innovating health systems and healthcare delivery in rural Uganda: towards building critical capacity to tackle the rising Type 2 Diabetes challenge. Coordinator: David Guwatudde (firstname.lastname@example.org). Swedish collaborator: Meena Daivadanam, Karolinska Institute and Uppsala University (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org)
(346) Towards better treatment of infectious diseases in children in rural Uganda. Better diagnostics and algorithms for increased quality of care, rational use of medicines and minimized antimicrobial resistance. Coordinator: Celestino Obua (email@example.com). Swedish collaborator: Cecilia Stålsby Lundborg (firstname.lastname@example.org), Karolinska Institute.
(372) Quality improvement of Makerere University’s population-based health and demographic surveillance site: maximizing the potential of the research platform for capacity development andgeneration of valid population data to inform policy formulation. Coordinator: Fred Wabwire-Mangen (email@example.com). Swedish collaborator: Claudia Hanson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Karolinska Institute.
(374) Information Support for Quality Higher Education and Research in Uganda. Coordinator: Hellen Byamugisha (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org). Swedish collaborator: Johan Hinders (email@example.com), Royal Institute of Technology.
(334) Building Capacity for Knowledge and Information Production and Sharing for Socio-Economic Development in Uganda. Coordinator: George Kiyingi firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). Swedish collaborator: Veronica Trépagny (firstname.lastname@example.org), University of Borås.
(376) Strengthening Quality Assurance initiatives for relevance and optimal productivity at Makerere University and partnering public universities. Coordinator: Vincent Ssembatya (email@example.com). Swedish collaborator: Åsa Kettis, Uppsala University (firstname.lastname@example.org).
(362) Building Research and Training capacities to develop innovations in sustainable intensification of maize–based cropping systems for improving productivity, food security and resilience to climate change in Uganda. Coordinator: Herbert Talwana (email@example.com). Swedish collaborator: Sigrun Dahlin (Sigrun.Dahlin@slu.se), Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
Enhancement of Research Environment, Coordination, Leadership and Management for sustainability at Makerere University. Coordinator: Buyinza Mukadasi (firstname.lastname@example.org and Buyinza@rgt.mak.ac.ug). Swedish collaborator: N/A.
(382) Upgrading and Strengthening the University Wide GIS centre. Coordinator: John Richard Otukei (email@example.com). Swedsih collaborators: Yifang Ban (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Andrea Nascetti (email@example.com, Royal Institute of Technology, Petter Pilesjö (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lund University.
(2391) Enhancement of Gender Focused Research Capacity Building of Women in Leadership and Gender Mainstreaming in Higher Education in Uganda. Coordinator: Consolata Kabonesa (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org). Swedish collaborator: Margareta Espling (email@example.com), University of Gothenburg.
(344) Innovations for accelerating reduction in maternal, newborn and child mortality in post conflict Uganda. Coordinator: James Tumwine (firstname.lastname@example.org). Swedish collaborator: Caludia Hanson (Claudia.Hanson@ki.se), Karolinska Institute.
Map of Uganda
Leif Abrahamsson, Overall Swedish Coordinator.
Therese Rantakokko, Administrative Coordinator.