The Mikael Passare post-doc award. The awards are intended for young scientists in mathematics, having a PhD degree not older than 10 years, and will support a 1–3 months scientific visit to Sweden, primarily at Stockholm University or Uppsala University. Grants will be given to cover subsistence allowance, accommodation and travel costs. The maximum amount will be 70,000 SEK. Deadline: May 15, 2022.
The Swedish Development Research Conference (DevRes) with the theme “Transforming Development Research for Sustainability” will take place August 22-24, 2022. The conference will be hosted by GlobeLife - a joint initiative between Uppsala University and Karolinska Institutet. The conference will offer both onsite participation as well as digital live-streaming and chat functions. The 1st day of the conference will be at Uppsala University, the 2nd day fully online and the 3rd day at Karolinska Institutet. The registration will open on May 16, 2022.
The 14th Annual SANORD Conference will take place at University of Limpopo, South Africa, on December 5-7, 2022. The theme of the conference is “Finding solutions: the Nexus between SDG’s and South-North Partnerships –Challenges and Successes during the COVID-19 era”. The call for abstracts is now opened. Deadline May 31, 2022.
ASEAN-INDIA RESEARCH TRAINING FELLOWSHIP (AI-RTF) - 50 fellowships per year awarded to young scientists and researchers from ASEAN Member States. Fellowships include up to six months at Indian academic and R&D institutions. No deadline: applications accepted all year round
- Carnegie Research Chairs Program - Promising young Data Scientists from Africa are given the opportunity to establish research teams of their own at the Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Research Centre in Rwanda.
No stated deadline
- Erasmus+ ICM (International Credit Mobility) - Student and staff exchanges to/from an EU university. EU universities have to be the Applicant and the Coordinator. Every year calls are announced in November. Last application date in February.
- Erasmus+ CBHE (Capacity Building in Higher Education) - Projects which support the modernisation, accessibility and internationalisation of higher education in non-EU countries. Non-EU universities can apply (with EU partners) and be Coordinators. Every year calls are announced in November. Last application date in February-March.
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie (MSC) - For doctoral education and postdoctoral training. Calls announced all year around.
- EMS-Simons for Africa - Collaborative research visits, top-up grants for women and top-up for conference participation in mathematics
- ICTP - Postdoc and visiting fellowships in mathematics
- The Royal Society of Chemistry - Travel, conferences, research, education and outreach activities
- Newton Fund - Training, research, workshops, travel and tenders
- TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme - Fellowships, Research grants, visits
- International Foundation for Science
- The Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) - Research training, career development and networking opportunities for women scientists at different stages in their careers
- The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) - gathers opportunities offered by cooperation partners
- AuthorAID is a free pioneering global network that provides support for researchers in low and middle income countries
- Minor Field Study Scholarships for Swedish students
- Guide to avoiding ‘predatory’ journals
- Free handbook on science communication for researchers involved in international projects
- Guide to the international research landscape