Wednesdays at 15.00 hours (EAT) everyone is free to join the Africa Mathematics Seminar. The seminars have different topics each week. The seminars are initiated by ISP-supported network EAUMP and are free of charge.
Canadian IDRC and Swedish Sida invite expressions of interest from organizations to design and implement an innovation research network on Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Climate Action. The call is open to individual organizations based in lower and lower-middle income countries (LLMIC) in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), or consortia of up to three organizations with the lead organization based in an LLMIC in SSA.Questions: AI4DAfrica@idrc.ca. Deadline: April 5, 2021.
The DevRes Conference at Umeå University is postponed until June 14-16, 2021. Stay updated on DevRes 2021. The theme for the conference is Advancing Sustainable Transformation.
The Swedish international development cooperation agency (Sida) offers a limited number of travel grants for researchers from low-income countries (primarily following the DAC list of low-income countries) whom have had their abstracts accepted for the conference. Each conference panel can have one presenter on a travel grant. The travel grant covers travels, accommodation, and conference fee.
Due to the ongoing global pandemic a special call for abstracts is now directed to issues related to Covid-19, within the SDG framework. The call is closed but you can participate. Registration is open between February 8 - April 14, 2021.
The SANORD Conference in Bergen is postponed to September 7-10, 2021. The theme for the conference is "Vitalizing partnerships: moving forward to a sustainable future". Stay updated at SANORD Conference. New deadline for abstracts: April 1, 2021.
ASEAN-INDIA RESEARCH TRAINING FELLOWSHIP (AI-RTF) - 50 fellowships per year awarded to young scientists and researchers from ASEAN Member States. Fellowships include up to six months at Indian academic and R&D institutions. No deadline: applications accepted all year round
- Carnegie Research Chairs Program - Promising young Data Scientists from Africa are given the opportunity to establish research teams of their own at the Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Research Centre in Rwanda.
No stated deadline
- EMS-Simons for Africa - Collaborative research visits, top-up grants for women and top-up for conference participation in mathematics
- ICTP - Postdoc and visiting fellowships in mathematics
- The Royal Society of Chemistry - Travel, conferences, research, education and outreach activities
- Newton Fund - Training, research, workshops, travel and tenders
- TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme - Fellowships, Research grants, visits
- International Foundation for Science
- The Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) - Research training, career development and networking opportunities for women scientists at different stages in their careers
- The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) - gathers opportunities offered by cooperation partners
- AuthorAID is a free pioneering global network that provides support for researchers in low and middle income countries
- Minor Field Study Scholarships for Swedish students
- Guide to avoiding ‘predatory’ journals
- Free handbook on science communication for researchers involved in international projects
- Guide to the international research landscape