Eastern Africa Universities Mathematics Programme (EAUMP)
The network EAUMP was constituted in 2002 by the Department of Mathematics at Makerere University (Uganda), University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM, Tanzania) and University of Nairobi (UoN, Kenya). A few years later the Departments of Mathematics at University of Rwanda (UR) and University of Zambia (UNZA) also joined the network.
In 2021 the network reported
- 13 PhD-graduations (9 local, 4 sandwich).
- 50 MSc-graduations.
- 120 publications in scientific journals
plus a number of conference contributions.
The network organized around 40 webinars in African Mathematics Seminar (AfMS) with invited speakers from the region, as well as from many other countries arond the world.
The objectives of the network are:
- Enhancement of postgraduate training with special emphasis to PhD training.
- Establishing and strengthening collaborative research in Mathematics areas of interest in the region.
- Strengthening the collaborating Mathematics departments in terms of equipment and literature.
- Development of resources for the collaborating Mathematics Departments.
- Postdoctoral training of academic staff.
EAUMP News and Events
- Joint African-Nordic conference in Mathematics. Makerere University, Kampala. 1-4 August 2023. Third Announcement.
Proceedings from the EAUMP 10th Anniversary ConferenceArusha, Tanzania 2012.
Prof Steven Wanyonyi Luketero, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof John Mango, Makerere, email: email@example.com
- Dr James Makungu, UDSM, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Jared Ongaro, UoN, email: email@example.com
- Dr Alex Tumwesigye Behakanira, Makerere, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Mervis Kikonko, UNZA, email: email@example.com
- Dr Celestin Kurujyibwami, UR, email: firstname.lastname@example.org