PDE, Modeling and Control
The network was created in 1999 by researchers from the Departments of Mathematics at University Joseph Ki-Zerbo (Burkina Faso), University of Gaston Berger (Senegal) and University of Nouakchott (Mauritania). In 2012 researchers from the Department of Mathematics at University of Science, Techniques and Technology of Bamako (USTTB; Mali) joined the network. Researchers from the University of Cocody-Abidjan (Ivory Coast) are also members of the network. The network is coordinated by Professor Hamidou Toure, University Joseph Ki-Zerbo.
In 2018 the network reported
- 5 PhD-graduation (all local students) and 30 ongoing PhD-students.
- 5 MSc-graduations.
- 22 publications in International scientific journals.
plus a number of arranged workshops and contributions to conferences.
The network aims to:
- Promote a sub-regional critical mass of active mathematics researchers, in the field of the PDE, Modelling and Control.
- Maintain good links with the international scientific community.
- Strengthen the doctoral programs in applied mathematics and to maintain a good management of young researchers.
- Maintain active scientists in the Sub-Saharan region, to overcome their isolation and to fight brain-drain.
Contact PDE, Modeling and Control
Professor Hamidou Toure, University Joseph Ki-Zerbo