PDE, Modeling and Control
The network was created in 1999 by researchers from the Departments of Mathematics at University Joseph Ki-Zerbo (Burkina Faso), University of Gaston Berger (Senegal) and University of Nouakchott (Mauritania). The present members of the networks are researchers from the Departments of Mathematics at:
- University Joseph Ki-Zerbo (Burkina Faso)
- University of Gaston Berger (Senegal)
- University of Science, Techniques and Technology of Bamako (Mali)
- University Abdou Moumouni of Niamey (Niger)
The network is coordinated by Professor Hamidou Toure, University Joseph Ki-Zerbo.
In 2018 the network reported
- 5 PhD-graduation (all local students) and 30 ongoing PhD-students.
- 5 MSc-graduations.
- 22 publications in International scientific journals.
plus a number of arranged workshops and contributions to conferences.
The network aims to:
- Promote a sub-regional critical mass of active mathematics researchers, in the field of the PDE, Modelling and Control.
- Maintain good links with the international scientific community.
- Strengthen the doctoral programs in applied mathematics and to maintain a good management of young researchers.
- Maintain active scientists in the Sub-Saharan region, to overcome their isolation and to fight brain-drain.
Contact PDE, Modeling and Control
Professor Hamidou Toure, University Joseph Ki-Zerbo