Materials Science and Solar Energy Network for Eastern and Southern Africa (MSSEESA)
The network consists of five universities in four countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
The Coordinating Office rotates between the network members and is currently located at University of Nairobi, Kenya headed by Prof Bernard Aduda. There is a steering committee consisting of eight staff members from the five participating universities. The ISP supported groups at University of Nairobi and University of Eldoret, Kenya, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, Makerere University, Uganda and University of Zambia are members of the network.
The network aims to:
- Assist network members to build and sustain a critical mass of credible scientists through postgraduate training and research in areas of materials science and solar energy.
- Implement cost effective utilization of available resources in the sub-region.
- Promote and facilitate dissemination and exchange of information.
Professor Bernard Aduda, Department of Physics, University of Nairobi, Kenya
Prof Bernard Aduda, University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Kenya: Prof Mghendi Mwamburi, University of Eldoret
- Tanzania: Dr Margret Samiji, University of Dar es Salaam
- Uganda: Dr Tom Otiti, Makerere University
- Zambia: Dr Sylvester Hatwaambo, University of Zambia