ISP and Stockholm University
During the latest agreement period (2016-2019) 20 Stockholm University staff members have to various extents been engaged in ISP collaboration, 12 of them serving as host supervisors to students from ISP partners in Africa and Asia.
The Stockholm University funding has been used for:
- Support to research groups in chemistry, mathematics and physics at the Faculty of Sciences, National University of Laos, Laos.
- Support to a chemistry research group in biochemical ecotoxicology at National University of Science and Technology, Zimbabwe.
- A start-up of physics support in Myanmar.
- Support to the Asian Network for research on Food and Environmental Contaminants (ANFEC).
- Evaluation of two scientific networks, one in mathematics, one in physics.
- A book project together with the American Institute of Physics.
- Gender equality promotion among mathematics and physics participants.
- Costs for arranging a meeting with European Mathematical Society Committee for Developing Countries (EMS DC) and participation in the International Congress of Mathematicians (ICM).
- Attempts to develop the Pan-African Centre for Mathematics, a cooperation between Stockholm University and University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Other activities such as meetings between African and Asian scholars; training opportunities for the maintenance and use of laboratory equipment.